Due to scheduled maintenance work, this service will not be available from Tuesday August 23rd 06:00 pm until Wednesday August 24th 08:00 am CEST
. Apologies for the inconvenience.
ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|2 a ubiquinone + H2O + phenylacetyl-CoA <=> 2 a ubiquinol + phenylglyoxylyl-CoA|
- The enzyme is specific for phenylacetyl-CoA as substrate.
- Phenylacetate, acetyl-CoA, benzoyl-CoA, propanoyl-CoA, crotonyl-CoA,
succinyl-CoA and 3-hydroxybenzoyl-CoA cannot act as substrates.
- The oxygen atom introduced into the product, phenylglyoxylyl-CoA,
is derived from water and not molecular oxygen.
- Duroquinone, menaquinone and 2,6-dichlorophenolindophenol (DCPIP) can
act as acceptor, but the likely physiological acceptor is ubiquinone.
- A second enzyme, EC 220.127.116.11 converts the phenylglyoxylyl-CoA formed
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||184.108.40.206|
entries corresponding to 1.17.5.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.17.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-