ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Dissimilatory sulfite reductase.
|Siroheme sulfite reductase.|
- Hydrogen sulfide + a [DsrC protein]-disulfide + 2 acceptor + 3 H(2)O <=> sulfite + a [DsrC protein]-dithiol + 2 reduced acceptor + 2 H(+)
- A [DsrC protein]-S-sulfanyl-L-cysteine + 3 acceptor + 3 H(2)O <=> sulfite + a [DsrC protein]-disulfide + 3 reduced acceptor + 2 H(+)
- The enzyme is essential in prokaryotic sulfur-based energy
metabolism, including sulfate/sulfite reducing organisms, sulfur-
oxidizing bacteria, and organosulfonate reducers.
- In sulfur reducers it catalyzes the reduction of sulfite to sulfide,
while in sulfur oxidizers it catalyzes the opposite reaction.
- The reaction involves the small protein DsrC, which is present in all
the organisms that contain dissimilatory sulfite reductase.
- During the process an intramolecular disulfide bond is formed between
two L-cysteine residues of DsrC.
- This disulfide can be reduced by a number of proteins including DsrK
- This enzyme is different from EC 22.214.171.124 and EC 126.96.36.199, which are
involved in sulfate assimilation.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||22.214.171.124|
entries corresponding to 1.8.99.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.8.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-