A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|S-adenosyl-L-methionine + 3,4-dihydroxy-5-all-trans-polyprenylbenzoate <=> S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + 3-methoxy-4-hydroxy-5-all-trans-polyprenylbenzoate|
- This enzyme is involved in ubiquinone biosynthesis.
- Ubiquinones from different organisms have a different number of
prenyl units (for example, ubiquinone-6 in Saccharomyces, ubiquinone-
9 in rat and ubiquinone-10 in human), and thus the natural substrate
for the enzymes from different organisms has a different number of
- However, the enzyme usually shows a low degree of specificity
regarding the number of prenyl units.
- For example, the human COQ3 enzyme can restore biosynthesis of
ubiquinone-6 in coq3 deletion mutants of yeast.
- The enzymes from yeast and rat also catalyze the methylation of
3-demethylubiquinol-6 and 3-demethylubiquinol-9, respectively (this
activity is classified as EC 220.127.116.11).
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 2.1.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-