A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|[Methylamine--corrinoid protein] Co-methyltransferase.
|Methylamine + a [Co(I) methylamine-specific corrinoid protein] <=> a [methyl-Co(III) methylamine-specific corrinoid protein] + ammonia|
- The enzyme, which catalyzes the transfer of a methyl group from
methylamine to a methylamine-specific corrinoid protein (MtmC),
is involved in methanogenesis from methylamine.
- The enzyme contains the unusual amino acid pyrrolysine.
- Methylation of the corrinoid protein requires the central cobalt to
be in the Co(I) state.
- During methylation the cobalt is oxidized to the Co(III) state.
- The methylated corrinoid protein is substrate for EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.1.1.-
entries corresponding to 2.1.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-