A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|[Trimethylamine--corrinoid protein] Co-methyltransferase.
|Trimethylamine + a [Co(I) trimethylamine-specific corrinoid protein] <=> a [methyl-Co(III) trimethylamine-specific corrinoid protein] + dimethylamine|
- The enzyme, which catalyzes the transfer of a methyl group from
trimethylamine to a trimethylamine-specific corrinoid protein (MttC),
is involved in methanogenesis from trimethylamine.
- The enzyme contains the unusual amino acid pyrrolysine.
- Methylation of the corrinoid protein requires the central cobalt to
be in the Co(I) state.
- During methylation the cobalt is oxidized to the Co(III) state.
- The methylated corrinoid protein is substrate for EC 22.214.171.124.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
|Q8TTA9, MTTB1_METAC; ||P58973, MTTB1_METMA; ||Q8TS73, MTTB2_METAC; |
|P58974, MTTB2_METMA; ||Q18TV3, MTTB_DESHD; ||Q24MI3, MTTB_DESHY; |
|O93658, MTTB_METBA; ||P0C0W7, MTTB_METBF; ||Q12TR2, MTTB_METBU; |
|Q9P995, MTTB_METTE; |
entries corresponding to 2.1.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-