A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.1991
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
- 4-hydroxybenzoyl-[(4-hydroxyphenyl)alkanoate synthase] + 8 malonyl-CoA + 16 NADPH <=> 17-(4-hydroxyphenyl)heptadecanoyl-[(4-hydroxyphenyl)alkanoate synthase] + 8 CO(2) + 8 CoA + 16 NADP(+) + 8 H(2)O
- 4-hydroxybenzoyl-[(4-hydroxyphenyl)alkanoate synthase] + 9 malonyl-CoA + 18 NADPH <=> 19-(4-hydroxyphenyl)nonadecanoyl-[(4-hydroxyphenyl)alkanoate synthase] + 9 CO(2) + 9 CoA + 18 NADP(+) + 9 H(2)O
- The enzyme is part of the biosynthetic pathway of phenolphthiocerol,
a lipid that serves as a virulence factor of pathogenic mycobacteria.
- It catalyzes the elongation of 4-hydroxybenzoate that is loaded on
its acyl-carrier domain to form (4-hydroxyphenyl)alkanoate
- The enzyme adds either 8 or 9 malonyl-CoA units, resulting in
formation of 17-(4-hydroxyphenyl)heptadecanoate or
- As the enzyme lacks a thioesterase domain, the product remains loaded
on the acyl-carrier domain at the end of catalysis, and has to be
hydrolyzed by an as-yet unknown mechanism.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.521|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.2061|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.111|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.1681|
entries corresponding to 2.3.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.3.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-