ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.1680
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|UDP-alpha-D-glucose + a 2'-hydroxy-beta-oxodihydrochalcone <=> UDP + a 3'-(beta-D-glucopyranosyl)-2'-hydroxy-beta-oxodihydrochalcone|
- The enzyme has been characterized in Oryza sativa (rice), various
Citrus spp., Glycine max (soybean), and Fagopyrum esculentum
- Flavanone substrates require a 2-hydroxy group.
- The meta-stable flavanone substrates such as 2-hydroxynaringenin
exist in an equilibrium with open forms such as 1-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-
3-(2,4,6-trihydroxyphenyl)propane-1,3-dione, which are the actual
substrates for the glucosyl-transfer reaction (see EC 22.214.171.124).
- The enzyme can also act on dihydrochalcones.
- The enzymes from citrus plants can catalyze a second C-glycosylation
reaction at position 5.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.1990|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.520|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.2060|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.110|
entries corresponding to 2.4.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.4.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-