A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|2'-phospho-[ligated tRNA] + NAD(+) <=> mature tRNA + ADP ribose 1'',2''-phosphate + nicotinamide + H(2)O|
- Catalyzes the final step of tRNA splicing in the yeast Saccharomyces
- The reaction takes place in two steps: in the first step,
the 2'-phosphate on the RNA substrate is ADP-ribosylated, causing the
relase of nicotinamide and the formation of the reaction
intermediate, ADP-ribosylated tRNA.
- In the second step, dephosphorylated (mature) tRNA is formed along
with ADP ribose 1'',2''-cyclic phosphate.
- Highly specific for oligonucleotide substrates bearing an internal
- Oligonucleotides with only a terminal 5'- or 3'-phosphate are not
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
entries corresponding to 2.7.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.7.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-