Due to maintenance work, this service will be unavailable Mon Feb 13 between
Apologies for the inconvenience.
ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|mannose PTS permease.|
|D-mannose(out) + N(pros)-phospho-L-histidyl-[protein] <=> D-mannose 6-phosphate(in) + L-histidyl-[protein]|
- This enzyme is a component (known as enzyme II) of a
phosphoenolpyruvate (PEP)-dependent, sugar transporting
phosphotransferase system (PTS).
- The system, which is found only in prokaryotes, simultaneously
transports its substrate from the periplasm or extracellular space
into the cytoplasm and phosphorylates it.
- The phosphate donor, which is shared among the different systems,
is a phospho-carrier protein of low molecular mass that has been
phosphorylated by EC 18.104.22.168.
- Enzyme II, on the other hand, is specific for a particular substrate,
although in some cases alternative substrates can be transported with
- The reaction involves a successive transfer of the phosphate group to
several amino acids within the enzyme before the final transfer to
- Formerly EC 22.214.171.124.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||18.104.22.168|
entries corresponding to 2.7.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.7.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-