ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|N-acetylmuramic acid PTS permease.|
|[Protein]-N(pi)-phospho-L-histidine + N-acetylmuramate(Side 1) <=> [protein]-L-histidine + N-acetylmuramate 6-phosphate(Side 2)|
- This enzyme is a component (known as enzyme II) of a
phosphoenolpyruvate (PEP)-dependent, sugar transporting
phosphotransferase system (PTS).
- The system, which is found only in prokaryotes, simultaneously
transports its substrate from the periplasm or extracellular space
into the cytoplasm and phosphorylates it.
- The phosphate donor, which is shared among the different systems,
is a phospho-carrier protein of low molecular mass that has been
phosphorylated by EC 188.8.131.52.
- Enzyme II, on the other hand, is specific for a particular substrate,
although in some cases alternative substrates can be transported with
- The reaction involves a successive transfer of the phosphate group to
several amino acids within the enzyme before the final transfer to
- Formerly EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
|Q5E5T6, PTYBC_ALIF1; ||Q8XBJ1, PTYBC_ECO57; ||Q8FFA9, PTYBC_ECOL6; |
|P77272, PTYBC_ECOLI; ||Q1R8U3, PTYBC_ECOUT; ||Q9CKN5, PTYBC_PASMU; |
|Q7N9D9, PTYBC_PHOLL; ||Q31Y50, PTYBC_SHIBS; ||Q32DC5, PTYBC_SHIDS; |
|Q83QN3, PTYBC_SHIFL; ||Q9KVD9, PTYBC_VIBCH; ||Q87FD5, PTYBC_VIBPA; |
|Q8D4Z3, PTYBC_VIBVU; ||Q7MBS2, PTYBC_VIBVY; |
entries corresponding to 2.7.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.7.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-