A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Sporulation factor IV B protease.|
|Stage IV sporulation protein B.|
|Self-cleaves 52-Val-|-Asn-53, 62-Ala-|-Phe-63 and 74-Val-|-Thr-75 at the N-terminus of SpoIVB|
- This enzyme plays a central role in a regulatory checkpoint (the
sigma(K) checkpoint), which coordinates gene expression during the
later stages of spore formation in Bacillus subtilis.
- The enzyme activates proteolytic processing of a sporulation-specific
sigma factor, pro-sigma(K), to its mature and active form, sigma(K),
- The enzyme is also subject to secondary proteolysis, which presumably
- The enzyme is also essential for the formation of heat-resistant
- Belongs to peptidase family S55.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
entries corresponding to 3.4.21.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.4.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-