ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Geranyl diphosphate <=> (+)-car-3-ene + diphosphate|
- The enzyme reacts with (3S)-linalyl diphosphate twice as rapidly as
geranyl diphosphate, but 25 times as rapidly as (3R)-linalyl
- It is assumed that (3S)-linalyl diphosphate is normally formed as an
enzyme bound intermediate in the reaction.
- In the reaction the 5-pro-R hydrogen of geranyl diphosphate is
eliminated during cyclopropane ring formation.
- In Picea abies (Norway spruce) and Picea sitchensis (Sitka spruce)
terpinolene is also formed.
- See EC 220.127.116.11.
- (+)-car-3-ene is associated with resistance of Picea sitchensis
(Sitka spruce) to white pine weevil.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 4.2.3.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.2.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-