ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|(RNA)-purine 5'-hydroxy-ribonucleotide-3'-(RNA fragment)-lyase
(cyclicizing; (RNA fragment)-3'-purine-nucleoside -2',3'-cyclophosphate-
forming and hydrolyzing).|
- (RNA) containing adenosine + H(2)O <=> an (RNA fragment)-3'-adenosine-3'-phosphate + a 5'-hydroxy-ribonucleotide-3'-(RNA fragment)
- (RNA) containing guanosine + H(2)O <=> an (RNA fragment)-3'-guanosine-3'-phosphate + a 5'-hydroxy-ribonucleotide-3'-(RNA fragment)
- The enzyme secreted by the fungus Ustilago sphaerogena cleaves at the
3'-phosphate group of purines, and catalyzes a two-stage
- The first reaction produces 5'-hydroxy-phosphooligonucletides and
3'-phosphooligonucleotides ending in Ap or Gp with 2',3'-cyclic
phosphodiester, which are released from the enzyme.
- The enzyme then hydrolyzes these cyclic compounds in a second
reaction that takes place only when all the susceptible
3',5'-phosphodiester bonds have been cyclised.
- The second reaction is a reversal of the first reaction using the
hydroxyl group of water instead of the 5'-hydroxyl group of ribose.
- The overall process is that of a phosphorus-oxygen lyase followed by
hydrolysis to form the 3'-nucleotides.
- Formerly EC 220.127.116.11.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 4.6.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.6.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-