ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|(RNA)-adenosine-cytidine 5'-hydroxy-adenosoine ribonucleotide-3'-(RNA
fragment)-lyase (cyclicizing; (RNA fragment)-3'-cytidine-
2',3'-cyclophosphate-forming and hydrolyzing).|
|RNA containing adenosine-cytidine + H(2)O <=> an (RNA fragment)-3'-cytidine-3'-phosphate + a 5'-a hydroxy-adenosine -3'-(RNA fragment)|
- Preference for cleavage at Cp-A bonds.
- Homopolymers of A, U or G are not hydrolyzed.
- CpG bonds are hydrolyzed less well and there is no detectable
hydrolysis between two purines or two pyrimidines.
- The enzyme catalyzes a two-stage endonucleolytic cleavage.
- The first reaction produces 5'-hydroxy-phosphooligonucletides and
3'-phosphooligonucleotides ending a with 2',3'-cyclic phosphodiester,
which are released from the enzyme.
- The enzyme then hydrolyzes these cyclic compounds in a second
reaction that takes place only when all the susceptible
3',5'-phosphodiester bonds have been cyclised.
- The second reaction is a reversal of the first reaction using the
hydroxyl group of water instead of the 5'-hydroxyl group of ribose.
- The overall process is that of a phosphorus-oxygen lyase followed by
hydrolysis to form the 3'-nucleotides.
- Formerly EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
entries corresponding to 4.6.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.6.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-