ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Bacteriophage T(4) restriction endoribonuclease RegB.
|A (pre-mRNA)-containing guanosine-adenosine + H(2)O <=> a 5' hydroxy-guanosine-(pre-mRNA fragment) + a (pre-mRNA fragment)-3'-adenosine-3'-phosphate|
- The enzyme from bacteriophage T(4) cleaves early mRNAs between Ap and
Gp at one specific specific GpGpApGp site, favoring their further
transition to middle-phase mRNA.
- The activity is enhanced by Ribosomal S1 protein.
- The enzyme catalyzes a two-stage endonucleolytic cleavage.
- The first reaction produces 5'-hydroxy-phosphooligonucletides and
3'-phosphooligonucleotides ending with 2',3'-cyclic phosphodiester,
which are released from the enzyme.
- The enzyme then hydrolyzes these cyclic compounds in a second
reaction that takes place only when all the susceptible
3',5'-phosphodiester bonds have been cyclised.
- The second reaction is a reversal of the first reaction using the
hydroxyl group of water instead of the 5'-hydroxyl group of ribose.
- The overall process is that of a phosphorus-oxygen lyase followed by
hydrolysis to form the 3'-nucleotides.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 4.6.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.6.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-