ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Epimerization of D-glucuronate in heparosan-N-sulfate to L-iduronate|
- The enzyme acts on D-glucosyluronate residues in N-sulfated heparosan
polymers, converting them to L-iduronate, thus modifying the polymer
- The enzyme requires that at least the N-acetylglucosamine residue
linked to C-4 of the substrate has been deacetylated and N-sulfated,
and activity is highest with fully N-sulfated substrate.
- It does not act on glucuronate residues that are O-sulfated or are
adjacent to N-acetylglucosamine residues that are O-sulfated at the 6
- Thus the epimerization from D-glucuronate to L-iduronate occurs after
N-sulfation of glucosamine residues but before O-sulfation.
- Not identical with EC 18.104.22.168 or with EC 22.214.171.124.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 5.1.3.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 5.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 5.-.-.-