Due to maintenance work, this service and ftp://ftp.expasy.org will be unavailable from Tuesday August 23rd 18:00 until Wednesday August 24th 08:00 CEST
. Apologies for the inconvenience.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|[heparosan-N-sulfate](n) <=> [heparan-N-sulfate](n)|
- The enzyme acts on D-glucosyluronate residues in N-sulfated heparosan
polymers, converting them to L-iduronate, thus modifying the polymer
- The enzyme requires that at least the N-acetylglucosamine residue
linked to C-4 of the substrate has been deacetylated and N-sulfated,
and activity is highest with fully N-sulfated substrate.
- It does not act on glucuronate residues that are O-sulfated or are
adjacent to N-acetylglucosamine residues that are O-sulfated at the 6
- Thus the epimerization from D-glucuronate to L-iduronate occurs after
N-sulfation of glucosamine residues but before O-sulfation.
- Not identical with EC 188.8.131.52 or with EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 5.1.3.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 5.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 5.-.-.-