Due to maintenance work, this service will not be available on Monday December 12th between 07.00 am and 9.00 am CEST.
ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Short-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase.
|Short-chain acyl CoA dehydrogenase.|
|Unsaturated acyl-CoA reductase.|
|A short-chain acyl-CoA + electron-transfer flavoprotein <=> a short-chain trans-2,3-dehydroacyl-CoA + reduced electron-transfer flavoprotein|
- One of several enzymes that catalyze the first step in fatty acids
- The enzyme catalyzes the oxidation of saturated short-chain acyl-CoA
thioesters to give a trans 2,3-unsaturated product by removal of the
two pro-R-hydrogen atoms.
- The enzyme from beef liver accepts substrates with acyl chain lengths
of 3 to 8 carbon atoms.
- The highest activity was reported with either butanoyl-CoA or
- The enzyme from rat has only 10% activity with hexanoyl-CoA (compared
to butanoyl-CoA) and no activity with octanoyl-CoA.
- Cf. EC 220.127.116.11, EC 18.104.22.168 and EC 22.214.171.124.
- Formerly EC 126.96.36.199 and EC 188.8.131.52.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||184.108.40.206|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 22.214.171.124|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.3.8.-
entries corresponding to 1.3.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-