ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|Long-chain-acyl-CoA + electron-transfer flavoprotein <=> long-chain-2,3-dehydroacyl-CoA + reduced electron-transfer flavoprotein|
- One of several enzymes that catalyze the first step in fatty acids
- The enzyme from pig liver can accept substrates with acyl chain
lengths of 6 to at least 16 carbon atoms.
- The highest activity was found with C(12), and the rates with C(8)
and C(16) were 80% and 70%, respectively.
- The enzyme from rat can accept substrates with C(8)-C(22).
- It is most active with C(14) and C(16), and has no activity with
C(4), C(6) or C(24).
- cf. EC 22.214.171.124, EC 126.96.36.199 and EC 188.8.131.52.
- Formerly EC 184.108.40.206 and EC 220.127.116.11.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.3.8.-
entries corresponding to 1.3.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-