Due to scheduled maintenance work, this service may not be available on Monday January 22nd between 08.00 am and 9.00 am CEST
To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + cytosine(34) in tRNA precursor <=> S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + 5-methylcytosine(34) in tRNA precursor
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + cytosine(40) in tRNA precursor <=> S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + 5-methylcytosine(40) in tRNA precursor
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + cytosine(48) in tRNA <=> S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + 5-methylcytosine(48) in tRNA
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + cytosine(49) in tRNA <=> S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + 5-methylcytosine(49) in tRNA
- The enzyme from Saccharomyces cerevisiae is responsible for complete
5-methylcytosine methylations of yeast tRNA.
- The incidence of modification depends on the cytosine position in
- At positions 34 and 40, 5-methylcytosine is found only in two yeast
tRNAs (tRNA(Leu)(CUA) and tRNA(Phe)(GAA), respectively), whereas most
other elongator yeast tRNAs bear either 5-methylcytosine(48) or
5-methylcytosine(49), but never both in the same tRNA molecule.
- The formation of 5-methylcytosine(34) and 5-methylcytosine(40) is a
strictly intron-dependent process, whereas the formation of
5-methylcytosine(48) and 5-methylcytosine(49) is an intron-
- Formerly EC 18.104.22.168.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.1.1.-
entries corresponding to 2.1.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-