Due to scheduled maintenance work, this service may not be available on Monday January 22nd between 08.00 am and 9.00 am CEST
To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|DNA ligase (ATP or NAD(+)).
- ATP + (deoxyribonucleotide)(n)-3'-hydroxyl + 5'-phospho-(deoxyribonucleotide)(m) <=> (deoxyribonucleotide)(n+m) + AMP + diphosphate
- NAD(+) + (deoxyribonucleotide)(n)-3'-hydroxyl + 5'-phospho-(deoxyribonucleotide)(m) <=> (deoxyribonucleotide)(n+m) + AMP + beta-nicotinamide D-nucleotide
- The enzymes from the archaea Thermococcus fumicolans and Thermococcus
onnurineus show high activity with either ATP or NAD(+),
and significantly lower activity with TTP, GTP, and CTP.
- The enzyme catalyzes the ligation of DNA strands with 3'-hydroxyl and
5'-phosphate termini, forming a phosphodiester and sealing certain
types of single-strand breaks in duplex DNA.
- Catalysis occurs by a three-step mechanism, starting with the
activation of the enzyme by ATP or NAD(+), forming a phosphoramide
bond between adenylate and a lysine residue.
- The adenylate group is then transferred to the 5'-phosphate terminus
of the substrate, forming the capped structure
- Finally, the enzyme catalyzes a nucleophilic attack of the 3'-OH
terminus on the capped terminus, which results in formation of the
phosphodiester bond and release of the adenylate.
- Different from EC 188.8.131.52, EC 184.108.40.206 and EC 220.127.116.11.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 6.5.1.-
entries corresponding to 6.5.-.-
entries corresponding to 6.-.-.-