To improve security and privacy, we are moving our web pages and services from HTTP to HTTPS.
To give users of web services time to transition to HTTPS, we will support separate HTTP and HTTPS services until the end of 2017.
From January 2018 most HTTP traffic will be automatically redirected to HTTPS. [more...] View this page in https
ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|DNA ligase (ATP, ADP or GTP).
- ATP + (deoxyribonucleotide)(n)-3'-hydroxyl + 5'-phospho-(deoxyribonucleotide)(m) <=> (deoxyribonucleotide)(n+m) + AMP + diphosphate
- ADP + (deoxyribonucleotide)(n)-3'-hydroxyl + 5'-phospho-(deoxyribonucleotide)(m) <=> (deoxyribonucleotide)(n+m) + AMP + phosphate
- GTP + (deoxyribonucleotide)(n)-3'-hydroxyl + 5'-phospho-(deoxyribonucleotide)(m) <=> (deoxyribonucleotide)(n+m) + GMP + diphosphate
- The enzymes from the archaea Hyperthermus butylicus and
Sulfophobococcus zilligii are active with ATP, ADP or GTP.
- They show no activity with NAD(+).
- The enzyme catalyzes the ligation of DNA strands with 3'-hydroxyl and
5'-phosphate termini, forming a phosphodiester and sealing certain
types of single-strand breaks in duplex DNA.
- Catalysis occurs by a three-step mechanism, starting with the
activation of the enzyme by ATP, ADP, or GTP, forming a phosphoramide
bond between adenylate/guanylate and a lysine residue.
- The nucleotide is then transferred to the 5'-phosphate terminus of
the substrate, forming the capped structure
- Finally, the enzyme catalyzes a nucleophilic attack of the 3'-OH
terminus on the capped terminus, which results in formation of the
phosphodiester bond and release of the nucleotide.
- Different from EC 126.96.36.199 and EC 188.8.131.52, which cannot utilize GTP.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||184.108.40.206|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 22.214.171.124|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 6.5.1.-
entries corresponding to 6.5.-.-
entries corresponding to 6.-.-.-