A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|2 3-(7-chloroindol-3-yl)-2-iminopropanoate + H(2)O(2) <=> dichlorochromopyrrolate + NH(3) + 2 H(2)O|
|Fe cation; Heme b.
- This enzyme catalyzes a step in the biosynthesis of rebeccamycin,
an indolocarbazole alkaloid produced by the bacterium Lechevalieria
- The enzyme is a dimeric heme-protein oxidase that catalyzes the
oxidative dimerization of two L-tryptophan-derived molecules to form
dichlorochromopyrrolic acid, the precursor for the fused six-ring
indolocarbazole scaffold of rebeccamycin.
- In vivo the enzyme uses hydrogen peroxide, formed by the enzyme
upstream in the biosynthetic pathway (EC 220.127.116.11) as the electron
- However, the enzyme is also able to catalyze the reaction using
- Formerly EC 18.104.22.168 and EC 22.214.171.124.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 1.21.98.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.21.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-