A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Pteridine reductase 1.|
|5,6,7,8-tetrahydrobiopterin + 2 NADP(+) <=> biopterin + 2 NADPH|
- The enzyme from Leishmania (both amastigote and promastigote forms)
catalyzes the NADPH-dependent reduction of folate and a wide variety
of unconjugated pterins, including biopterin, to their tetrahydro
- It also catalyzes the reduction of 7,8-dihydropterins and 7,8-
dihydrofolate to their tetrahydro forms.
- In contrast to EC 188.8.131.52 and EC 184.108.40.206, pteridine reductase will
not catalyze the reduction of the quinonoid form of dihydrobiopterin.
- The enzyme is specific for NADPH; no activity has been detected with
- It also differs from EC 220.127.116.11 in being specific for the B side of
- Formerly EC 18.104.22.168.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
entries corresponding to 1.5.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.5.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-