- The enzyme catalyzes the monomethylation of the L-lysine(20) residue
of histone H4 (H4K20).
- This event is usually followed by further methylation by
EC 22.214.171.1242, [histone H4]-N-methyl-L-lysine(20) N-methyltransferase.
- This enzyme plays a pivotal role in DNA replication.
- Activity is high during the G2 and M phases, but declines
significantly during G1 and S phases.
- Mutations in the enzyme have severe consequences, including DNA
double-strand breaks, activation of DNA damage checkpoints, defective
cell cycle progression, and reduced cell proliferation.
- Formerly EC 126.96.36.199.
|Q2YDJ8, KMT5A_BOVIN; ||Q9VFK6, KMT5A_DROME; ||Q297V5, KMT5A_DROPS; |
|Q9NQR1, KMT5A_HUMAN; ||Q2YDW7, KMT5A_MOUSE; ||Q0V9E9, KMT5A_XENTR; |
|Q29RP8, KMT5B_BOVIN; ||Q5U3H2, KMT5B_DANRE; ||Q4FZB7, KMT5B_HUMAN; |
|Q3U8K7, KMT5B_MOUSE; ||P0C2N5, KMT5B_RAT; ||Q86Y97, KMT5C_HUMAN; |
|Q6Q783, KMT5C_MOUSE; ||P0C2N6, KMT5C_RAT; ||A0JMZ4, KMT5C_XENLA; |
|Q071E0, KT5AA_DANRE; ||Q08AY6, KT5AA_XENLA; ||Q498E6, KT5AB_XENLA; |
|Q6GP17, KT5BA_XENLA; ||Q5RJX8, KT5BB_XENLA; ||A6QPM3, PRDM6_BOVIN; |
|Q9NQX0, PRDM6_HUMAN; ||Q3UZD5, PRDM6_MOUSE; ||Q6P2A1, PRDM9_DANRE; |
|Q9NQV7, PRDM9_HUMAN; ||Q96EQ9, PRDM9_MOUSE; ||P0C6Y7, PRDM9_RAT; |
|Q22795, SET1_CAEEL; ||Q4X1W8, SET9_ASPFU; ||Q2TZH4, SET9_ASPOR; |
|Q0C9E6, SET9_ASPTN; ||Q2H8D5, SET9_CHAGB; ||Q1E9C0, SET9_COCIM; |
|Q5AZY3, SET9_EMENI; ||Q4I8C9, SET9_GIBZE; ||Q7SBJ9, SET9_NEUCR; |
|Q0U3A4, SET9_PHANO; ||Q9USK2, SET9_SCHPO; ||Q6C519, SET9_YARLI; |
|Q9W5E0, SUV42_DROME; |