A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + a 5-hydroxyfurocoumarin <=> S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + a 5-methoxyfurocoumarin
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + bergaptol <=> S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + bergapten
- Converts bergaptol into bergapten, which has therapeutic potential in
the treatment of psoriasis as it has photosensitizing and
- Methylates the 5-hydroxy group of some hydroxy- and methylcoumarins,
such as 5-hydroxyxanthotoxin, but has little activity on non-coumarin
phenols; caffeate, 5-hydroxyferulate and daphnetin are not
- Cu(2+), Zn(2+) and Co(2+) cause enzyme inhibition.
- See also EC 18.104.22.168.
- Formerly EC 22.214.171.124.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 2.1.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-