ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|3-(acyloxy)acyl group of bacterial toxin <=> 3-hydroxyacyl group of bacterial toxin + a fatty acid|
- The substrate is lipid A on the reducing end of the toxic
lipopolysaccharide (LPS) of Salmonella typhimurium and related
- It consists of diglucosamine, beta-D-GlcN-(1->6)-D-GlcN, attached by
glycosylation on O-6 of its non-reducing residue, phosphorylated on
O-4 of this residue and on O-1 of its potentially reducing residue.
- Both residues carry 3-(acyloxy)acyl groups on N-2 and O-3.
- The enzyme from human leukocytes detoxifies the lipid by hydrolyzing
the secondary acyl groups from O-3 of the 3-hydroxyacyl groups on the
- It also possesses a wide range of phospholipase and acyltransferase
activities (e.g. EC 18.104.22.168, EC 22.214.171.124, EC 126.96.36.199 and
EC 188.8.131.52), hydrolyzing diacylglycerol and phosphatidyl compounds,
but not triacylglycerols.
- It has a preference for saturated C(12)-C(16) acyl groups.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||184.108.40.206|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 22.214.171.124|
entries corresponding to 3.1.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-