A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Type III site-specific deoxyribonuclease.
|Type III restriction enzyme.|
|Endonucleolytic cleavage of DNA to give specific double-stranded fragments with terminal 5'-phosphates|
- Has an absolute requirement for ATP, but does not hydrolyze it;
S-adenosyl-L-methionine stimulates the reaction, but is not
- Recognize specific short DNA sequences and cleave a short distance
away from the recognition sequence.
- Exist as complexes with enzymes of similar specificity listed under
EC 184.108.40.206 or EC 220.127.116.11.
- Formerly EC 18.104.22.168 and EC 22.214.171.124.
- See the REBASE database for a complete list of these enzymes:
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 3.1.21.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-