ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Endoplasmic reticulum Man(8)GlcNAc(2) 1,2-alpha-mannosidase.
|Man(8)GlcNAc(2)-[protein] (isomer 8A(1,2,3)B(1,3)) + H(2)O <=> Man(7)GlcNAc(2)-[protein] (isomer 7A(1,2,3)B(3)) + D-mannopyranose|
- In yeast this activity is catalyzed by a dedicated enzyme that
processes unfolded protein-bound Man(8)GlcNAc(2) N-glycans within the
endoplasmic reticulum to Man(7)GlcNAc(2).
- The exposed alpha-1,6-linked mannose residue in the product enables
the recognition by the YOS9 lectin, targeting the proteins for
- In mammalian cells this activity is part of the regular processing of
N-glycosylated proteins, and is not associated with protein
- It is carried out by EC 184.108.40.206.
- The names of the isomers listed here are based on a nomenclature
system proposed by Prien et al.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
entries corresponding to 3.2.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.2.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 3.-.-.-