A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_09. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|GDP-4-dehydro-alpha-D-rhamnose + L-glutamate <=> GDP-4-dehydro-3,6-dideoxy-alpha-D-mannose + 2-oxoglutarate + ammonia|
- This enzyme, involved in beta-L-colitose biosynthesis, is a unique
- In the first step of catalysis, the bound pyridoxal phosphate (PLP)
cafactor is transaminated to the pyridoxamine 5'-phosphate (PMP) form
of vitamin B(6), using L-glutamate as the amino group donor.
- The PMP cofactor then forms a Schiff base with the sugar substrate
and the resulting adduct undergoes a 1,4-dehydration to eliminate the
- Hydrolysis of the product from the enzyme restores the PLP cofactor
and results in the release of an unstable enamine intermediate.
- This intermediate tautomerizes to form an imine form, which
hydrolyzes spontaneously, releasing ammonia and forming the final
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 4.2.1.-
entries corresponding to 4.2.-.-
entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-