- A widely distributed family of related enzymes found in protozoans,
plants, bacteria, animals and viruses that cleave ssRNA 3'-phosphate
group with little base specificity.
- The enzyme catalyzes a two-stage endonucleolytic cleavage.
- The first reaction produces 5'-hydroxy-phosphooligonucletides and
3'-phosphooligonucleotides ending with a 2',3'-cyclic phosphodiester,
which are released from the enzyme.
- The enzyme then hydrolyzes the cyclic products in a second reaction
that takes place only when all the susceptible 3',5'-phosphodiester
bonds have been cyclised.
- The second reaction is a reversal of the first reaction using the
hydroxyl group of water instead of the 5'-hydroxyl group of ribose.
- The overall process is that of a phosphorus-oxygen lyase followed by
hydrolysis to form the 3'-nucleotides.
- Formerly EC 18.104.22.168, EC 22.214.171.124, and EC 126.96.36.199.
|Q7M438, RNDI_DICDI; ||P81296, RNL2_LENED; ||P80022, RNLE_SOLLC; |
|P80196, RNLX_SOLLC; ||P23540, RNMC_MOMCH; ||P19791, RNM_ASPPH; |
|P08056, RNRH_RHINI; ||Q7SID5, RNS11_NICAL; ||P42813, RNS1_ARATH; |
|O80322, RNS1_PYRPY; ||Q38716, RNS2_ANTHI; ||P42814, RNS2_ARATH; |
|P04007, RNS2_NICAL; ||Q40965, RNS2_PYRPY; ||Q01796, RNS2_SOLTU; |
|P42815, RNS3_ARATH; ||Q40875, RNS3_PETHY; ||O80323, RNS3_PYRPY; |
|Q38717, RNS4_ANTHI; ||Q40966, RNS4_PYRPY; ||P93460, RNS5_PYRPY; |
|Q40379, RNS6_NICAL; ||O80324, RNS6_PYRPY; ||Q40381, RNS7_NICAL; |
|O80325, RNS7_PYRPY; ||O61887, RNST2_CAEEL; ||C0HKG5, RNT2A_MOUSE; |
|C0HKG6, RNT2B_MOUSE; ||P10281, RNT2_ASPOR; ||B8XY56, RNT2_DANRE; |
|O00584, RNT2_HUMAN; ||Q7M329, RNT2_PIG; ||P24657, RNTR_HYPRU; |
|Q5AK94, RNY1A_CANAL; ||Q5AKB1, RNY1B_CANAL; ||Q75BW5, RNY1_ASHGO; |
|Q4WXZ5, RNY1_ASPFU; ||Q6FP42, RNY1_CANGA; ||Q6BHB1, RNY1_DEBHA; |
|Q5B3K6, RNY1_EMENI; ||Q6CRT6, RNY1_KLULA; ||Q6CAV7, RNY1_YARLI; |
|Q02933, RNY1_YEAST; |