A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|(Z)-phenylacetaldehyde oxime <=> phenylacetonitrile + H(2)O|
- The enzyme from Bacillus sp. OxB-1 contains protoheme IX, the iron of
which must be in the form Fe(2+) for activity.
- (Z)-phenylacetaldoxime binds to ferric heme (the Fe(3+) form) via the
oxygen atom whereas it binds to the active ferrous form via the
- In this way, the oxidation state of the heme controls the
coordination stucture of the substrate--heme complex, which regulates
- The enzyme is active toward several (Z)-arylacetaldoximes and (E/Z)-
alkylaldoximes as well as toward arylalkylaldoximes such as
3-phenylpropionaldoxime and 4-phenylbutyraldoxime.
- However, it is inactive with phenylacetaldoximes that have a
substituent group at an alpha-site of an oxime group, for example,
with (E/Z)-2-phenylpropionaldoxime and (E/Z)-mandelaldoxime.
- The activity of the enzyme is inhibited completely by the heavy-metal
cations Cu(+), Cu(2+), Ag(+) and Hg(+) whereas Fe(2+) and Sn(2+) have
an activatory effect.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||184.108.40.206|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 22.214.171.124|
entries corresponding to 4.99.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.99.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-