Due to maintenance work, this service will be unavailable Mon Feb 13 between
Apologies for the inconvenience.
ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|S-methyl-5-thioribulose 1-phosphate isomerase.
- S-methyl-5-thio-D-ribulose 1-phosphate <=> S-methyl-1-thio-D-xylulose 5-phosphate
- S-methyl-5-thio-D-ribulose 1-phosphate <=> S-methyl-1-thiol-D-ribulose 5-phosphate
- The enzyme, characterized from the bacterium Rhodospirillum rubrum,
participates in methionine salvage from S-methyl-5'-thioadenosine.
- It is a RuBisCO-like protein (RLP) that is not capable of carbon
fixation, and catalyzes an isomerization reaction that converts
S-methyl-5-thio-D-ribulose 1-phosphate to a 3:1 mixture of S-methyl-
1-thioxylulose 5-phosphate and S-methyl-1-thioribulose 5-phosphate.
- The reaction is an overall 1,3-proton transfer, which likely consists
of two 1,2-proton transfer events.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||18.104.22.168|
entries corresponding to 5.3.3.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 5.3.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 5.-.-.-