A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|RNA 3'-terminal-phosphate cyclase (GTP).
|RNA-3'-phosphate cyclase (GTP).|
|GTP + (RNA)-3'-(3'-phospho-ribonucleoside) <=> GMP + diphosphate + (RNA)-3'-(2',3'-cyclophospho)-ribonucleoside|
- The enzyme, which is specific for GTP, was characterized from the
archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus.
- The enzyme converts the 3'-terminal phosphate of various RNA
substrates into the 2',3'-cyclic phosphodiester in a GTP-dependent
- Catalysis occurs by a three-step mechanism, starting with the
activation of the enzyme by GTP, forming a phosphoramide bond between
guanylate and a histidine residue.
- The guanylate group is then transferred to the 3'-phosphate terminus
of the substrate, forming the capped structure (RNA)-
- Finally, the enzyme catalyzes an attack of the vicinal O-2' on the
3'-phosphorus, which results in formation of cyclic phosphate and
release of the guanylate.
- Cf. EC 220.127.116.11.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 6.5.1.-
entries corresponding to 6.5.-.-
entries corresponding to 6.-.-.-