A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Hydrogenobyrinic acid a,c-diamide cobaltochelatase.|
|ATP + hydrogenobyrinic acid a,c-diamide + Co(2+) + H(2)O <=> ADP + phosphate + cob(II)yrinic acid a,c-diamide + H(2)|
- This enzyme, which forms part of the aerobic cobalamin biosynthesis
pathway, is a type I chelatase, being heterotrimeric and ATP-
- It comprises two components, one of which corresponds to CobN and the
other is composed of two polypeptides, specified by cobS and cobT in
Pseudomonas denitrificans, and named CobST.
- Hydrogenobyrinic acid is a very poor substrate.
- ATP can be replaced by dATP or CTP but the reaction proceeds more
- CobN exhibits a high affinity for hydrogenobyrinic acid a,c-diamide.
- The oligomeric protein CobST possesses at least one sulfhydryl group
that is essential for ATP-binding.
- Once the Co(2+) is inserted, the next step in the pathway ensures
that the cobalt is ligated securely by reducing Co(II) to Co(I); this
step is carried out by EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
entries corresponding to 6.6.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 6.6.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 6.-.-.-