Due to scheduled maintenance work, this service will not be available from Tuesday August 23rd 06:00 pm until Wednesday August 24th 08:00 am CEST
. Apologies for the inconvenience.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|[histone H3]-trimethyl-L-lysine(36) demethylase.
|2 2-oxoglutarate + N(6),N(6),N(6)-trimethyl-L-lysyl(36)-[histone H3] + 2 O2 <=> 2 CO2 + 2 formaldehyde + N(6)-methyl-L-lysyl(36)-[histone H3] + 2 succinate|
- Requires iron(II).
- This entry describes a group of enzymes that demethylate N-methylated
Lys(36) residues in the tail of the histone protein H3 (H3K36).
- This lysine residue can exist in three methylation states (mono-,
di- and trimethylated), but this group of enzymes only act on the the
tri- and di-methylated forms.
- The enzymes are dioxygenases and act by hydroxylating the methyl
group, forming an unstable hemiaminal that leaves as formaldehyde.
- Since trimethylation of H3K36 enhances transcription, this enzyme
acts as a transcription repressor.
- The enzymes that possess this activity often also catalyze the
activity of EC 184.108.40.206, cf. EC 220.127.116.11.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||184.108.40.206|
entries corresponding to 1.14.11.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-