A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
- Cholest-5-ene-3-beta,25-diol + [reduced NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + O(2) <=> cholest-5-ene-3-beta,7-alpha,25-triol + [oxidized NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + H(2)O
- (25R)-cholest-5-ene-3-beta,26-diol + [reduced NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + O(2) <=> (25R)-cholest-5-ene-3-beta,7-alpha,26-triol + [oxidized NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + H(2)O
- Unlike EC 184.108.40.206, which is specific for its oxysterol substrate,
this enzyme can also metabolize the oxysterols 24,25-
epoxycholesterol, 22-hydroxycholesterol and 24-hydroxycholesterol,
but to a lesser extent.
- The direct electron donor to the enzyme is EC 220.127.116.11.
- Formerly EC 18.104.22.168 and EC 22.214.171.124.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 1.14.14.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-