A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_09. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
- Cholest-5-ene-3-beta,25-diol + [reduced NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + O(2) <=> cholest-5-ene-3-beta,7-alpha,25-triol + [oxidized NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + H(2)O
- (25R)-cholest-5-ene-3-beta,26-diol + [reduced NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + O(2) <=> (25R)-cholest-5-ene-3-beta,7-alpha,26-triol + [oxidized NADPH--hemoprotein reductase] + H(2)O
- Unlike EC 126.96.36.199, which is specific for its oxysterol substrate,
this enzyme can also metabolize the oxysterols 24,25-
epoxycholesterol, 22-hydroxycholesterol and 24-hydroxycholesterol,
but to a lesser extent.
- The direct electron donor to the enzyme is EC 188.8.131.52.
- Formerly EC 184.108.40.206 and EC 220.127.116.11.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 1.14.14.-
entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-