Due to scheduled maintenance work, this service will not be available from Tuesday August 23rd 06:00 pm until Wednesday August 24th 08:00 am CEST
. Apologies for the inconvenience.
ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|plant 4,4-dimethylsterol C-4alpha-methyl-monooxygenase.
|24-methylenecycloartanol + 6 Fe(II)-[cytochrome b5] + 5 H(+) + 3 O2 <=> 4alpha-carboxy-4beta,14alpha-dimethyl-9beta,19-cyclo-5alpha-ergost-24(24(1))-en-3beta-ol + 6 Fe(III)-[cytochrome b5] + 4 H2O|
- This plant enzyme catalyzes a step in the biosynthesis of sterols.
- It acts on the 4alpha-methyl group of the 4,4-dimethylated
intermediate 24-methylenecycloartanol and catalyzes three successive
oxidations, turning it into a carboxyl group.
- The carboxylate is subsequently removed by EC 22.214.171.1248, which also
catalyzes the epimerization of the remaining 4beta-methyl into the
- Unlike the fungal/animal enzyme EC 126.96.36.199, this enzyme is not able
to remove the methyl group from C-4-monomethylated substrates.
- That activity is performed in plants by a second enzyme,
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||22.214.171.124|
entries corresponding to 1.14.18.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-