ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Plant 4,4-dimethylsterol C-4-alpha-methyl-monooxygenase.
|24-methylenecycloartanol + 6 ferrocytochrome b5 + 3 O(2) + 6 H(+) <=> 4-alpha-carboxy-4-beta,14-alpha-dimethyl-9-beta,19-cyclo-5-alpha-ergost-24(24(1))-en-3-beta-ol + 6 ferricytochrome b5 + 4 H(2)O|
- This plant enzyme catalyzes a step in the biosynthesis of sterols.
- It acts on the 4-alpha-methyl group of the 4,4-dimethylated
intermediate 24-methylenecycloartanol and catalyzes three successive
oxidations, turning it into a carboxyl group.
- The carboxylate is subsequently removed by EC 188.8.131.528, which also
catalyzes the epimerization of the remaining 4-beta-methyl into the
- Unlike the fungal/animal enzyme EC 184.108.40.206, this enzyme is not able
to remove the methyl group from C-4-monomethylated substrates.
- That activity is performed in plants by a second enzyme,
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 1.14.18.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-