ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|plant 4alpha-monomethylsterol monooxygenase.
|24-methylidenelophenol + 6 Fe(II)-[cytochrome b5] + 5 H(+) + 3 O2 <=> 4alpha-carboxy-ergosta-7,24(24(1))-dien-3beta-ol + 6 Fe(III)-[cytochrome b5] + 4 H2O|
- This plant enzyme catalyzes a step in the biosynthesis of sterols.
- It acts on the methyl group of the 4alpha-methylated intermediates
24-ethylidenelophenol and 24-methylidenelophenol and catalyzes three
successive oxidations, turning it into a carboxyl group.
- The carboxylate is subsequently removed by EC 184.108.40.2068.
- Unlike the fungal/animal enzyme EC 220.127.116.11, this enzyme is not able
to act on 4,4-dimethylated substrates.
- That activity, which occurs earlier in the pathway, is performed in
plants by a second enzyme, EC 18.104.22.168.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 1.14.18.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-