ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Plant 4-alpha-monomethylsterol monooxygenase.
|24-methylidenelophenol + 6 ferrocytochrome b5 + 3 O(2) + 6 H(+) <=> 4-alpha-carboxy-ergosta-7,24(24(1))-dien-3-beta-ol + 6 ferricytochrome b5 + 4 H(2)O|
- This plant enzyme catalyzes a step in the biosynthesis of sterols.
- It acts on the methyl group of the 4-alpha-methylated intermediates
24-ethylidenelophenol and 24-methylidenelophenol and catalyzes three
successive oxidations, turning it into a carboxyl group.
- The carboxylate is subsequently removed by EC 126.96.36.1998.
- Unlike the fungal/animal enzyme EC 188.8.131.52, this enzyme is not able
to act on 4,4-dimethylated substrates.
- That activity, which occurs earlier in the pathway, is performed in
plants by a second enzyme, EC 184.108.40.206.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||220.127.116.11|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 126.96.36.199|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 1.14.18.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.14.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-