ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Vitamin-K-epoxide reductase (warfarin-sensitive).
|Phylloquinone epoxide reductase.|
|Vitamin K1 epoxide reductase.|
- Phylloquinone + a protein with a disulfide bond + H(2)O <=> 2,3-epoxyphylloquinone + a protein with reduced L-cysteine residues
- Phylloquinol + a protein with a disulfide bond <=> phylloquinone + a protein with reduced L-cysteine residues
- The enzyme catalyzes the reduction of vitamin K 2,3-epoxide, which is
formed by the activity of EC 188.8.131.52, back to its phylloquinol
- The enzyme forms a tight complex with EC 184.108.40.206, which transfers the
required electrons from newly-synthesized proteins by catalyzing the
formation of disulfide bridges.
- The enzyme acts on the epoxide forms of both phylloquinone (vitamin
K1) and menaquinone (vitamin K2).
- Inhibited strongly by (S)-warfarin and ferulenol.
- Formerly EC 220.127.116.11.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||184.108.40.206|
entries corresponding to 1.17.4.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.17.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-