A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 126.96.36.199
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Short-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase.
|Short-chain acyl CoA dehydrogenase.|
|Unsaturated acyl-CoA reductase.|
|A short-chain acyl-CoA + electron-transfer flavoprotein <=> a short-chain trans-2,3-dehydroacyl-CoA + reduced electron-transfer flavoprotein|
- One of several enzymes that catalyze the first step in fatty acids
- The enzyme catalyzes the oxidation of saturated short-chain acyl-CoA
thioesters to give a trans 2,3-unsaturated product by removal of the
two pro-R hydrogen atoms.
- The enzyme from beef liver accepts substrates with acyl chain lengths
of 3 to 8 carbon atoms.
- The highest activity was reported with either butanoyl-CoA or
- The enzyme from rat has only 10% activity with hexanoyl-CoA (compared
to butanoyl-CoA) and no activity with octanoyl-CoA.
- Cf. EC 188.8.131.52, EC 184.108.40.206 and EC 220.127.116.11.
- Formerly EC 18.104.22.168 and EC 22.214.171.124.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
|Q3ZBF6, ACADS_BOVIN; ||P16219, ACADS_HUMAN; ||Q07417, ACADS_MOUSE; |
|P79273, ACADS_PIG; ||Q5RAS0, ACADS_PONAB; ||P15651, ACADS_RAT; |
|P52042, ACDS_CLOAB; ||Q06319, ACDS_MEGEL; ||Q0AVM4, BCD1_SYNWW; |
|Q0AVA8, BCD2_SYNWW; |
entries corresponding to 1.3.8.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.3.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-