ENZYME entry: EC 184.108.40.206
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|very-long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase.
|a very-long-chain 2,3-saturated fatty acyl-CoA + H(+) + oxidized [electron-transfer flavoprotein] <=> a very-long-chain (2E)-enoyl-CoA + reduced [electron-transfer flavoprotein]|
- One of several enzymes that catalyze the first step in fatty acids
- The enzyme is most active toward long-chain acyl-CoAs such as C14,
C16 and C18, but is also active with very-long-chain acyl-CoAs up to
- It shows no activity for substrates of less than 12 carbons.
- It's specific activity toward palmitoyl-CoA is more than 10-fold that
of the long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase.
- cf. EC 220.127.116.11, EC 18.104.22.168 and EC 22.214.171.124.
- Formerly EC 126.96.36.199.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.52|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.168|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||22.214.171.124|
entries corresponding to 1.3.8.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.3.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-