A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 22.214.171.124
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Very-long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase.
|A very-long-chain acyl-CoA + electron-transfer flavoprotein <=> a very-long-chain trans-2,3-dehydroacyl-CoA + reduced electron-transfer flavoprotein|
- One of several enzymes that catalyze the first step in fatty acids
- The enzyme is most active toward long-chain acyl-CoAs such as C(14),
C(16) and C(18), but is also active with very-long-chain acyl-CoAs up
to 24 carbons.
- It shows no activity for substrates of less than 12 carbons.
- It's specific activity toward palmitoyl-CoA is more than 10-fold that
of the long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase.
- cf. EC 126.96.36.199, EC 188.8.131.52 and EC 184.108.40.206.
- Formerly EC 220.127.116.11.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
entries corresponding to 1.3.8.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.3.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-