A new class EC 7, Translocases, has been added to the EC list. It will be part of ENZYME from release 2018_10. Read more about EC 7 here.
ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
in this entry
|AdoCbi kinase/AdoCbi-phosphate guanylyltransferase.|
|GTP + adenosylcobinamide phosphate <=> diphosphate + adenosylcobinamide-GDP|
- In Salmonella typhimurium LT2, under anaerobic conditions, CobU
(EC 184.108.40.206 and EC 220.127.116.11), CobT (EC 18.104.22.168),
CobC (EC 22.214.171.124) and CobS (EC 126.96.36.199) catalyze reactions in the
nucleotide loop assembly pathway, which convert adenosylcobinamide
(AdoCbi) into adenosylcobalamin (AdoCbl).
- CobT and CobC are involved in 5,6-dimethylbenzimidazole activation
whereby 5,6-dimethylbenzimidazole is converted to its riboside,
- The second branch of the nuclotide loop assembly pathway is the
cobinamide (Cbi) activation branch where AdoCbi or
adenosylcobinamide-phosphate is converted to the activated
intermediate AdoCbi-GDP by the bifunctional enzyme CobU.
- The final step in adenosylcobalamin biosynthesis is the condensation
of AdoCbi-GDP with alpha-ribazole, which is catalyzed by CobS
(EC 188.8.131.52), to yield adenosylcobalamin.
- CobU is a bifunctional enzyme that has both kinase (EC 184.108.40.206) and
guanylyltransferase (EC 220.127.116.11) activities.
- However, both activities are not required at all times.
- The kinase activity has been proposed to function only when
S.typhimurium is assimilating cobinamide whereas the
guanylyltransferase activity is required for both assimilation of
exogenous cobinamide and for de novo synthesis of adenosylcobalamin.
- The guanylyltransferase reaction is a two-stage reaction with
formation of a CobU-GMP intermediate.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||18.104.22.168|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||22.214.171.124|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 188.8.131.52|
, with possibility to download in different formats, align etc.
entries corresponding to 2.7.7.-
entries corresponding to 2.7.-.-
entries corresponding to 2.-.-.-