ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
- 2-dehydro-3-deoxy-6-phospho-D-gluconate <=> pyruvate + D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate
- 2-dehydro-3-deoxy-6-phospho-D-galactonate <=> pyruvate + D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate
- In the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus the enzyme is involved in
glucose and galactose catabolism via the branched variant of the
- It utilizes 2-dehydro-3-deoxy-6-phosphate-D-gluconate and 2-dehydro-
3-deoxy-6-phosphate-D-galactonate with similar catalytic efficiency.
- In vitro the enzyme can also catalyze the cleavage of the non-
phosphorylated forms 2-dehydro-3-deoxy-D-gluconate and 2-dehydro-3-
deoxy-D-galactonate with much lower catalytic efficiency.
- Cf. EC 18.104.22.168 and EC 22.214.171.124.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 4.1.2.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-