ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
- A 2-(omega-methylthio)alkylmalate <=> a 2-(omega-methylthio)alkylmaleate + H(2)O
- A 3-(omega-methylthio)alkylmalate <=> a 2-(omega-methylthio)alkylmaleate + H(2)O
- The enzyme, characterized from the plant Arabidopsis thaliana,
is involved in the L-methionine side-chain elongation pathway,
forming substrates for the biosynthesis of aliphatic glucosinolates.
- By catalyzing a dehydration of a 2-(omega-
methylsulfanyl)alkylmaleate, followed by a hydration at a different
position, the enzyme achieves the isomerization of its substrates.
- The enzyme is a heterodimer comprising a large and a small subunits.
- The large subunit can also bind to an alternative small subunit,
forming EC 22.214.171.124, which participates in L-leucine biosynthesis.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 4.2.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.2.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 4.-.-.-