ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.117
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|3beta-hydroxysteroid-4beta-carboxylate 3-dehydrogenase (decarboxylating).
- a 3beta-hydroxy-4alpha-methylsteroid-4beta-carboxylate + NAD(+) <=> a 4alpha-methyl-3-oxosteroid + CO2 + NADH
- a 3beta-hydroxy-4alpha-methylsteroid-4beta-carboxylate + NADP(+) <=> a 4alpha-methyl-3-oxosteroid + CO2 + NADPH
- This bacterial enzyme participates in the biosynthesis of bacterial
- Together with EC 18.104.22.168 (SdmA) it forms an enzyme system that
removes one methyl group from the C-4 position of 4,4-dimethylated
- SdmA catalyzes three successive oxidations of the C-4beta methyl
group, turning it into a carboxylate group; SdmB is a bifunctional
enzyme that catalyzes two different activities.
- As EC 22.214.171.1247 it catalyzes an oxidative decarboxylation that
results in reduction of the 3beta-hydroxy group at the C-3 carbon to
an oxo group.
- As EC 126.96.36.1990, it reduces the 3-oxo group back to a 3beta-hydroxyl.
- Since the remaining methyl group at C-4 is in an alpha orientation,
it cannot serve as a substrate for a second round of demethylation by
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||188.8.131.527|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.2067|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.117|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 18.104.22.1687|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||22.214.171.1247|
entries corresponding to 1.1.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.1.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-