ENZYME entry: EC 188.8.131.52
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Coenzyme F420:CoB-CoM heterodisulfide,ferredoxin reductase.
|2 oxidized coenzyme F420 + 2 reduced ferredoxin [iron-sulfur] cluster + CoB + CoM + 2 H(+) <=> 2 reduced coenzyme F420 + 2 oxidized ferredoxin [iron-sulfur] cluster + CoM-S-S-CoB|
- The enzyme, characterized from the archaeon Methanosarcina
acetivorans, catalyzes the reduction of CoB-CoM heterodisulfide back
to CoB and CoM.
- The enzyme consists of three components, HdrA, HdrB and HdrC, all of
which contain [4Fe-4S] clusters.
- Electrons enter at HdrA, which also contains FAD, and are transferred
via HdrC to the catalytic component, HdrB.
- During methanogenesis from acetate the enzyme catalyzes the activity
of EC 184.108.40.206.
- However, it can also use electron bifurcation to direct electron
pairs from reduced coenzyme F420 toward the reduction of both
ferredoxin and CoB-CoM heterodisulfide.
- This activity is proposed to take place during Fe(III)-dependent
anaerobic methane oxidation.
- Cf. EC 220.127.116.11, EC 18.104.22.168, and EC 22.214.171.124.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||126.96.36.199|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||184.108.40.206|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 220.127.116.11|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||18.104.22.168|
entries corresponding to 1.8.98.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.8.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-