ENZYME entry: EC 18.104.22.168
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|Asparaginyl-tRNA synthase (glutamine-hydrolyzing).
|ATP + L-aspartyl-tRNA(Asn) + L-glutamine + H(2)O <=> ADP + phosphate + L-asparaginyl-tRNA(Asn) + L-glutamate|
- This reaction forms part of a two-reaction system for producing
asparaginyl-tRNA in Deinococcus radiodurans and other organisms
lacking a specific enzyme for asparagine synthesis.
- In the first step, a non-discriminating ligase (EC 22.214.171.124)
mischarges tRNA(Asn) with aspartate, leading to the formation of
- The aspartyl-tRNA(Asn) is not used in protein synthesis until the
present enzyme converts it into asparaginyl-tRNA(Asn) (aspartyl-
tRNA(Asp) is not a substrate for this enzyme).
- A glutaminase subunit (cf. EC 126.96.36.199) produces an ammonia molecule
that is transferred by a 30 A tunnel to a synthase subunit, where it
is ligated to the carboxy group that has been activated by
- Bacterial GatCAB complexes also has the activity of EC 188.8.131.52.
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||184.108.40.206|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||220.127.116.11|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||18.104.22.168|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 22.214.171.124|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||126.96.36.199|
entries corresponding to 6.3.5.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 6.3.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 6.-.-.-