ENZYME entry: EC 220.127.116.11
View entry in original ENZYME format
View entry in raw text format (no links)
|branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase system.
|2-oxoisovalerate dehydrogenase (acylating).|
|branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complex.|
|3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate + CoA + NAD(+) <=> 2-methylpropanoyl-CoA + CO2 + NADH|
- This enzyme system catalyzes the oxidative decarboxylation of
branched-chain alpha-keto acids derived from L-leucine, L-isoleucine,
and L-valine to branched-chain acyl-CoAs.
- It belongs to the 2-oxoacid dehydrogenase system family, which also
includes EC 18.104.22.168, EC 22.214.171.124, EC 126.96.36.199 and EC 188.8.131.52.
- With the exception of the glycine cleavage system, which contains 4
components, the 2-oxoacid dehydrogenase systems share a common
structure, consisting of three main components, namely a 2-oxoacid
dehydrogenase (E1), a dihydrolipoamide acyltransferase (E2),
and dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase (E3).
- The reaction catalyzed by this system is the sum of three activities:
EC 184.108.40.206, EC 220.127.116.11 and EC 18.104.22.168.
- The system also acts on (S)-3-methyl-2-oxopentanoate and 4-methyl-2-
|PRIAM enzyme-specific profiles||22.214.171.124|
|KEGG Ligand Database for Enzyme Nomenclature||126.96.36.199|
|IUBMB Enzyme Nomenclature||188.8.131.52|
|MEDLINE||Find literature relating to 184.108.40.206|
|Rhea expert-curated reactions||220.127.116.11|
entries corresponding to 1.2.1.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.2.-.-
All ENZYME / UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot entries corresponding to 1.-.-.-